Those are some Sweet Peas you got!!
One of our first bounties in the Spring are Sweet Peas (Spring Peas) ! I love the bright green colour of them and the giant pods full of beautiful round goodness. I know they say the little ones are the sweetest but I always get a thrill when these giant big fat peas reveal themselves. To me the texture and flavour of these are the best!!
Last weekend we were childless. We love our kids, Of course, but all you Moms out there (and dads) know what a crazy awesome feeling it is to be without them sometimes. You know the days when you could sleep in and then just slowly decide what you wanted to do with your day, maybe that included meeting friends, shopping, doing brunch, or going to the gym? Well whatever it looked like, the day was planned and decided by you, not a bunch of small people with big ideas of their own who haven’t slept past 6am since birth. I mean come on, don’t they need sleep too???
Anyhow, I digress, the point to that in relation to this recipe is that we were alone which made it possible for us to wander the city and go to The St. Lawrence Market (my favorite thing to do)! The only plan I had for this week’s recipe last Saturday was to browse all the food shops and see what inspired me! Sweet Peas were the winner….
This recipe could easily be adapted for your favorite risotto as well.
Don’t like the herbs I chose, switch em up…although the mint and peas are a match made in heaven as you know!
Have fun and Happy Easter!
Chicken and Avocado Mousse wrapped In Prosciutto with Herb Tortellini and Spring Peas
- 6 Blue Goose Pure Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 200g Soft Unripened Goat’ Cheese
- 1 large avocado
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 sweet red pepper, julienne sliced
- 18 slices prosciutto
- 700g Cheese Filled tortellini
- 1 cup flat parsley, chopped + ½ cup garnish
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped + more for garnish
- 2 cups freshly shucked spring peas
- 3 cups Blue Goose Pure Foods Chicken Stock
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Microgreens or edible flowers, garnish
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place avocado, cheese, garlic, salt/pepper and tomato in a bowl and completetly combine/ set aside.
- Slice chicken along the length of the breast not cutting all the way through to create two thin sides. Open and flatten. Continue with all pieces.
- Place 3 slices of prosciutto on a large piece of saran wrap; overlapping the pieces slightly to create one large piece. Make sure the length of the prosciutto is running with the length of the saran.
- Place a chicken breast on top along with a spoonful of avocado puree.
- Add two slices of red pepper.
- Using the saran wrap to help you roll the chicken up in a tight jelly roll type shape and seal in saran; making sure to seal the sides as well. Continue will all chicken.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook remove from fridge, remove saran and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 min.
- Slice in medallions and keep warm.
- Place herbs, stock and peas in a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook tortellini according to directions.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and place back in pot. Add stock to pasta along with half of the parmesan cheese.
- Divide pasta between 6 plates and sprinkle with more cheese and the remaining herbs along with microgreens. Top with 1 chicken breast per plate.
- Serve immediately.