Vanilla Tea and Orange Infused Olive Oil Cake with Raspberries and Whipped Cream
Bunnies, Berries and Chicks….OH MY!!!
Nothing is more beautiful than cooking with Easter colours!! This cake just makes me smile every time I look at it!
I was asked by Alokozay Tea to create a fun new Easter inspired recipe using their Vanilla Tea and this is immediately where my brain went. I love olive oil cake but when I infused it with their tea and some orange zest it became blow your mind amazing!
Buying the tea was very simple. I searched Alokozay Canada and it brought me immediately to their site. They have an online store that was quick and easy. I used paypal and chose my type of delivery(express). The tea came quickly and efficiently. If you’d rather buy it in person it’s available at Bulk Barn across Canada, Metro, Food Basics and Adonis.
I was very excited to get the tea and attempt my new recipe. Usually I make olive oil cake from scratch but I thought it might be nice for my readers to have a quick recipe by using a simple cake mix and doctoring it up.
Let’s be honest, many of us consider ourselves great bakers but still use a box to start. I’m not judging…we’re all so darn busy these days!
So what I did to give it the flavour and consistency I was looking for was to add hot milk that had been steeped with the tea, extra eggs and olive oil instead of regular oil. The cake was moist and rich with vanilla tea flavour with a hint of orange. With these few additions it makes what is usually a light cake much denser. Which I LOVE!! If you don’t want to bother making it a tiered cake or making the whipped cream, try slicing a piece and simply pouring a touch of sweetened condensed milk on top. It’s to die for!!
You will definitely crave this beyond Easter dinner!
- 2 Golden cake mixes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 milk, boiled
- 2 Alokozay Vanilla Tea Bags
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges (about 6 tablespoons juice, 2 tablespoon zest)
- 3 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pint raspberries
- Candy coated Easter eggs (optional)
- Chocolate bunny (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans.
- Boil milk, remove from heat and steep tea bags for 15 min. Discard bags.
- Mix together the cake mixes, eggs and milk in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until blended and light. Drizzle in the olive oil until smooth. Add the orange juice and zest and mix well. Pour into the prepared cake pans equally and bake, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake cool completely.
- While cake is in the oven pour cold whipping cream into a large bowl and with an electric hand mixer, whip until soft peaks form. Approx. 15 min. Add sugar and mix for 2 minutes longer. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- To assemble cake place 1 cake layer on a cake stand or plate, add a thick layer of whipped cream, then continue with the other layers of cake, finishing with whipped cream on the top. Decorate with raspberries and Eggs/Bunny, if using.
- Refrigerate until time to serve. Shouldn’t be made more than a few hours in advance.