Hi there, I’m Nancy and happy you found me! My hope through this blog is to inspire all of you to stop at least once a week and prepare a meal that you sit down and share with your family. With fresh seasonal ingredients and a little confidence every recipe you find here is easily created. Happy cooking!
You can always reach me directly by email – nancy(at)nancyscravings(dot)com Read More about “About Nancy”…
Turkey Quinoa Soup
I love leftover turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas because there are so many things to make with it. This year I decided to create a soup because…well because I love soup!! I was lucky enough to have used a Blue Goose Pure Foods Organic turkey and I have to say there really is such a difference between organic poultry and conventional. I have combined Shredded turkey, celery, onions, carrots, swiss chard and both red and black quinoa. Add a few seasonings and you have a healthy and delicious soup for lunch or dinner.
- 15lb cooked turkey carcass - most meat removed (leftover from Thanksgiving or Christmas)
- 3 celery ribs cut in thirds
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut in thirds
- 1 large cooking onion cut into 4 chunks
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Pepper2 large carrots peeled and cut into ¼ inch thick coins
- 1 large celery rib cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion cut in quarters and separated
- 1 large bunch swiss chard or kale cleaned and coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Poultry seasoning to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 11/2 cups Red and white quinoa
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large stock pot. Fill enough water to cover all contents and low boil until the bones are very soft and most of the meat has fallen away from the bones; about 2.5 hours. Let cool and then strain all the liquid from the contents, keeping the liquid in another large stockpot. Pick through remaining soup keeping all meat. Throw away the rest. Put meat back in with the broth. Then add next 8 ingredients. Simmer soup for 1 hour and season to taste. Leftovers can be easily frozen.