Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad with Spicy Tofu
Oodles and Oodles of Zoodles (yup that’s the term for zucchini noodles)!!!
I have a minor (ok major) addiction for spiralized vegetables and zucchini tops the list for me. I’ve been eating them instead of pasta for about 10 years and I absolutely love them! When I make spaghetti and meat sauce I make ribbons with zucchini so it’s thicker and heartier to soak up the delicious sauce!
I’m going to keep this pretty quick today my friends. I have people coming for dinner, I’m planning my husbands birthday dinner in two days and I still have to go out to buy his gifts, That alone is stressful enough. What do you buy for the man who always says I need nothing!!
Anyhow, this is the perfect quick salad for bbq’n in the summer alongside chicken sate or even some lovely little lamb chops! Although, I usually eat it alone as a quick lunch or dinner…
Just make enough to eat right away though because I don’t find it’s too great the next day! Think any dressed salad….best eaten the same day! I made it with tofu this time but I’ve made it many times with shrimp or chicken. You can even add, bean sprouts, cabbage or snow peas. Mix it up…I always do!
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized or cut into thin strands
- 3 green onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked mung bean noodles or Thai cellophane noodles
- 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 package extra firm tofu, cut into ½in cubes
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (Indian spice I know, but trust me it works!)
- ½ cup peanut halves. Lightly salted (I know I need to cut back on the salt, but it tastes so good)
- Peanut Sauce
- Adapted from Cooking Light
- Makes ¾ cup
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 11⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Spray a non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and set to medium high. Place tofu in pan and generously spray the tofu with the cooking spray. Sprinkle with garam masala. Cook for 15 min, tossing tofu in order to crispin all sides. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place all vegetables (except cilantro) and noodles in a large bowl and toss with peanut sauce. Add Tofu and lightly toss. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve immediately.
- If making this in advance keep all ingredients separate until ready to serve.
- The FBC News: Weekend Link Edition For April 25, 2015 | Food Bloggers of Canada - […] Thai Zucchini Noodle Salad With Spicy Tofu and Peanut Sauce – from Nancy at Nancy’s Cravings […]