Thai Peanut Organic Chicken Pizza
Thai-mmmm for Pizza!!!
A couple of years ago D and I went to Montreal for a couple of days via Ottawa and ended up having dinner in this great little micro-brewery pub. Usually when we go to Montreal it’s a bit of a foodie expedition because let’s be honest, Montreal has some AMAZING restaurants with the coolest vibes. Like all of our trips, a lot of research and preparation goes into our eating and reservations. Some of restaurants take months to get into so we plan in advance when we can.
This trip on the other hand was impromptu so we didn’t make reservations and decided to just shop till we dropped during the day and then end up somewhere walking distance from the hotel, which is how we happened upon the pub.
I have to say, it was both a memorable evening and meal. D and I always have fun no matter where we go or what we do but for some reason this night of wandering and ending up somewhere left us with great lasting memories of food, drink and conversation more than some of our fancy dinners. Montreal was the first mini-vaca we took when we first started dating so it always holds a happy place in our hearts.
I ordered my usual Greek salad, no dressing pub dinner and D ordered this Thai Pizza. When it came it looked gorgeous and fresh and it tasted so good I’m not sure he even got a bite. But he never complained ( he always likes when he orders the winning dish).
I’ve made up this pizza from fond memories of that night…I believe it does it justice!!
Crave more, have more!
- 1 store bought pizza dough
- 2 Blue Goose Pure Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1-1/2 cups Thai peanut sauce (I used Presidents choice Memories of Thailand Light)
- 6oz gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4oz brie, cubed
- 2 handfuls bean sprouts
- 6-8 sprigs cilantro
- 3 tablespoons almond slivers, toasted
- 1/3 English cucumber, julienned
- ½ orange or red pepper. Thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Cut chicken into ½ inch pieces and sauté on medium high until ¾ cooked. About 10 min. Pour 1/2 cup peanut sauce over and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Divide dough into three equal portion. Roll out into 3 round pizza shells with ½ inch thickness or to taste.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of peanut sauce in the centre and spread evenly over dough. Divide cheese into 3 equal portions and evenly spread on top of peanut sauce. Sprinkle each pizza with equal portions of chicken and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 25 min.
- Once pizza is crispy and golden brown, remove from oven and sprinkle with peppers, sprouts, radish, cilantro and almonds. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce.
- Serve immediately.