Tex Mex Stir Fry
When East meets the Southwest!!
My household has been eating some form of tex mex every week for years!
Like so many families it’s such a struggle to find meals that make everyone happy, which is why we so often will eat some form of southwest cooking. The flavours and do it yourself aspects of these meals always appeal to all.
The other thing the kids like is eating with chopsticks. So I figured hey why not create a tex mex flavoured stir fry. This meal is simple, quick and inexpensive, all things that a family looks for in a weeknight meal.
Eye of the round already sliced into thin steaks makes such a quick cook and when it’s fast fried it has great texture. Don’t feel like you should slow cook this meal. It really is best cook and eaten quickly. This type of meat really doesn’t get any better if slow cooked.
Feel free to change-up the flavours or spice it up. A jalapeno or two would be awesome!!!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1lb beef eye of the round, cut into strips
- 1 lrg. onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 28oz can san marzano tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (like HP Sauce)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Steamed basmati rice, shredded cheddar, green onions, sour cream
- Place oil in a dutch oven on high. Generously salt beef with salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add peppers, onions and mushrooms. Sauté for 10 minute until soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes, steak sauce, paprika, corn and more salt/pepper to taste.
- Cook for 15 minutes and serve over steamed rice with cheddar, green onions and sour cream.
- The best 15 stir-fry recipes you'll ever make : UrbanReturns - […] Tex-Mex doesn’t have to be about all burritos and tacos. Serve over rice with a healthy dollup of green…
- The best 15 stir-fry recipes you’ll ever make | Food Square Recipes - […] Tex-Mex doesn’t have to be about all burritos and tacos. Serve over rice with a healthy dollup of green…