Tequila Lime Organic Chicken with Grilled Corn and Zucchini
This Chicken will Tequila with Joy!!!
To say it’s been busy lately would be a gross understatement! Weve been catering so much that I’m not sure I’ve even fed my kids in the last month!
Finally we sat down to a proper meal and was it ever a good one!!
I saw a recipe a few years ago in a cookbook of mine for a dish similar to this (I think). I actually couldn’t find the book so I decided to just develop my own rendition of it. Well, let me tell you it worked! It was so tasty.
In the picture you may notice that it looks maybe slightly too over cooked on the BBQ but don’t judge, that’s a blue job in our house and I (the pink person) got stuck with it that night. All the amazing things I can create in my kitchen and yet so often I fail on the BBQ. Who knows, maybe its the having to stand over fire thing that’s more engrained in a man than a woman. Plus aren’t you suppose to have a beer at the same time? Maybe that’s the trick? Well I hate beer. So that’s what I’m going to blame it on!!
My suggestion is keep the BBQ low and watch the flare ups. Man are they a food killer! We served it with simple basmati rice but potatoes would be great too.
I’d love to stick around and chat some more but I’m catering again today so I better run!
- 6 large Blue Goose Pure Foods organic chicken drums
- 18 Blue Goose Pure Foods boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- Pinch cayenne
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 ears corn, boiled until almost cooked
- 3 small zucchini, thickly sliced medallions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Seasoning salt
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons, mayo
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Pinch cayenne
- Place chicken along with the marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Place all vegetables, olive oil, garlic and seasoning salt in a Ziploc bag and toss.
- Place all crema ingredients in a blender a process until smooth. Serve alongside chicken.
- Heat grill to medium high and start with the chicken drums. Baste them with the leftover marinade for the first few minutes.
- Continue to watch and turn them constantly. The honey could make them burn, so best to keep the temperature low if your BBQ starts to flare.
- After 10 min add chicken thighs and baste a couple of times.
- When the chicken is almost cooked through add the vegetables for 8 min, turning a few times.
- Place all chicken and vegetable in a large bowl and serve with Crema.