Smoked Salmon Bagel with Whipped Cream Cheese, Chives and Sumac
The simple decadence of salmon is never lost!
As time passes and trends in food come and go, the simplicity and comfort of certain foods always remain.
I remember as a child, my parents going to a bakery called Open Window (amazing bagels) and coming home with poppy seed bagels and this beautiful white fluffy cream cheese. On the weekends they would often pair it with beautiful bright delicate salmon.
As a kid I can’t say I truly appreciated the salmon in the same way I did the bagels and cream cheese but I’ve definitely grown to appreciate it in recent years.
This is a great breakfast with the perfect mix of protein, dairy and carbs, It will leave you full and satisfied for hours.
Make this for breakfast or thinly slice the bagels and plate the salmon, cream cheese and herbs separately and serve it as an appetizer.
- 4 Poppy seed bagels, halved and toasted
- 8oz whipped fresh cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 12oz smoked salmon
- a couple of pinches sumac
- 4 lemon wedges
- 4 passionfruit, cut in half
- Toast bagels and generously spread each half with cream cheese. Sprinkle with chives and top with salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with sumac and squeeze a touch of lemon over top. Serve immediately.