Sausage Pizza Bites
You’re Gonna Love this Saucy Little Bite!
Today is definitely a multi-tasking kind of day! As always we’re heading somewhere to cater and I’m writing this blog in the car! Don’t worry I’m not driving! lol
As so many of my readers know I’m a huge advocate for eating healthy ingredients and humanely raised meat. I’ve been very lucky to have partnered up with Blue Goose Pure Foods many times to create recipes for their products and new products launching.
When they released their sausages I was thrilled to be able to create some recipes using their different flavours. So far they’ve come out with Spanish, Italian and Lemongrass Thai flavours.
This recipe is made using their Italian Sausage and combining it with a few very simple and accessible ingredients to create a quick appetizer or even a lunch for kids at school. I have to say mine ask for this constantly. Instead of making it into small bites, I just wrap the whole sausage and put the marinara sauce on the side for dipping. Even at room temperature they taste great!
Wanna switch it up at bit? Use hummus instead of tomato sauce, use Thai sausage and Sweet Chili sauce or Spanish sausage with Chimichurri sauce (recipe on the blog) . So many possibilities…get creative!
- 1 package Blue Goose Pure Foods Italian Sausage
- 2 Pillsbury Country Biscuit Tubes
- ¼ grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce (store bought or my recipe)
- ¼ cup basil Pesto (store bought or my recipe)
- *equipment – 24 cup mini cupcake pan
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Open Pillsbury tubes and remove dough. Cut each of the 20 rounds in half to make 40 pieces.
- Open sausage and cut 40 medallions
- Mix the tomato sauce and pesto together. Heat in microwave or on stovetop.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place in the mini cups. Press a sausage medallion in the center.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. You may have to press the sausage down into the dough when it comes out of the oven. The dough puffs up and tends to push the sausage out a bit.
- Place a spoonful of tomato/pesto sauce on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.