Salted Caramel Brownies with a Chocolate Candy Bar Center
These will gain you Brownie points wherever you take them!!
Is there anything I can say about the insanity of Brownies that you don’t already know?!?!
This recipe is an easy shortcut recipe when you’re in a pinch. Most often I make everything from scratch and I don’t usually like to encourage people to use boxed anything but sometimes (especially with desserts) quick and easy does the trick.
Truthfully there’s nothing wrong with using a box mix but there are definitely a few things you can do to up the ante a lot! First thing is to use hot water instead of cold when asked for. Think of it like coffee…when you add hot it wakes up the cocoa beans and brews the flavours. Next, add the eggs asked for plus 2 extra yolks. It makes it richer and creamier. AND finally, add butter!! Everything is better with butter, Oil of course is a fat too but butter makes the taste but deeper in richness.
This brownie recipe calls for a chocolate bar center. I used Extra large Lindt Chocolate bars with nuts but feel free to use any large flat chocolate bar. I even kept my lazy recipe going by adding store bought caramel sauce infused with baileys and fleur de Sel.
This recipe is stupid crazy amazing!!!!
- 1 box chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 extra large flat chocolate bars
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup store bought caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons Bailey's
- Fleur de Sel
- Mix brownie mix with eggs, water and butter. Place half in a 11x7x2in pan. Place chocolate bars evenly over entire batter. Top with remaining batter; making sure to cover chocolate bars. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 min.
- Meanwhile, warm caramel on low heat and add Bailey's. Keep Warm.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with caramel sauce on top and a little sprinkle of fleur de sel.