Rosemary Skewered Garlic Shrimp with Barrel Aged Feta
Looking to wow your guests….try this super easy Appy!!!
I love so many things about shrimp; the clean slate for flavour it provides, speed of cooking, texture, low fat and sustainable!
In a world where we are always in a hurry and need meals on the table in minutes, shrimp is the perfect protein.
I’m lucky that my kiddies love shrimp because there’s so much I can do with them at the end of a long day; one often cooking for others.
This particular dish is always a big hit when I serve it or take it somewhere. It can be made and ready to go within 20 min. It’s great served hot or at room temperature so it makes the perfect appy to take to someone’s house. It can be made and completely plated before you leave which makes it easy at the other end. Let’s be honest, no one likes a guest arriving with their contribution to dinner that has to be fully cooked and assembled when they arrive. Especially an appetizer.
Add the marinade ingredients to the shrimp and cook right away (or up to 24hrs). cook, skewer, add crumbled feta and a drizzle of good olive oil! Voila!!
- 25 Large raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch cayenne
- pimch curry powder
- pinch cumin
- pinch salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 25 rosemary sprigs
- 3oz barrel aged feta or good quality Greek feta
- extra olive oil for drizzling
- Pace shrimp in a medium size bowl and add olive oil, garlic, cayenne, curry powder, cumin, salt and lime juice. Mix and set aside for up to 10 minutes or up to 24 hrs.
- Snip rosemary sprigs so you have 25 sticks.
- Cook shrimp in a fry pan until pink and cooked through.
- Place shrimp on the end of one rosemary skewer. Continue with remaining shrimp.
- Plate and crumble feta over the shrimp. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.