Pesto Angel Hair Pasta with Baked Chicken and Lemon Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce
Pucker up for this Lemon Chicken!
This dish incorporates so many things I love but rarely eat! I figured if I’m going to splurge why not roll it all into one meal! Pesto, Pasta, Cream Sauce HELLOOOOO!!!!
If this post seems a little wonky don’t judge. I’m writing it the morning after a no kids long weekend away with a bunch of couple friends and my brain is moving pretty slow today! We spent 3 days over indulging way too much on a friends Island in our cottage country. We danced, ate, sang, and laughed so much that my body will need to recover all week! These weekends are truly food for the soul though.
I’m going to keep it short….
This meal sounds a bit difficult when you take a quick glance but it’s honestly super simple!! Don’t let the amount of ingredients scare you off. All the ingredients are easily accessible! It’s not hard at all and actually pretty fool-proof!
It’s guest worthy and comfort food all rolled into one!
- 8oz angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons pesto (recipe follows)
- 4 Blue Goose Pure Foods Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- ¼ cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts (use sunflower seeds if allergic to nuts)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook Pasta according to directions.
- Crack egg in a shallow bowl and lightly beat it.
- Place breadcrumbs in a second shallow bowl. Dip all chicken in egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 min at 400 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking melt butter in a deep fry pan. Add Flour and whisk for 2 minutes in order to cook the flout. Add cream, garlic and lemon. Add sundried tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes, lower heat to keep warm.
- To serve toss pesto with pasta. Add grape tomatoes. Divide between 4 plates and place 1 chicken breast on top. Pour lemon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
- Combine the basil, garlic, and nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a large serving bowl and mix in the cheese.