Peanut Butter Cracklin and Pork Belly Burger
Peanut Butter + Bacon + Burger….nothing more to say!!!!!
Skeptical?? Yup, I can hear you all now saying to yourselves, “peanut butter on a burger??”. Well I’m hear to tell you it’s the bomb!!!
Growing up I always had this addiction to both bacon and peanut butter (maybe this is why I had a few extra pounds on me as a kid lol). Anyway one day I decided to stick my bacon on my peanut butter toast and VOILA…..a match made in heaven!!
When I started to cater and the burger slider craze hit, I began making this as a burger. I mean why not right? I always love serving them to people for the first time because of their reaction when I say what it is, is exactly how I imagine you guys are right now. The funny thing is though that people are always intrigued enough to try it AND when they do, their reaction is priceless. It’s always the same one of “OMG these are insanely good!!”.
It’s the weekend peeps so head out and buy the ingredients, invite some friends over and watch as they swoon!!
- 1lb regular ground beef
- 1/2lb lean ground veal
- 1/2lb ground pork belly (ask your butcher to grind it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 3 large strips pork skin or 12 slices bacon, cooked till crispy
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter, heated for 30 seconds in microwave to soften
- 4 or 8 soft burger buns
- Mix the first 11 ingredients together and form 8 burger patties.
- Place burgers in a cast iron pan and cook for 4 min per side.
- Toast buns.
- Place burger 1 or 2 patties on the bottom of bun, Add peanut butter, cracklin/bacon, lettuce and top with bun. Serve immediately.
- All Beef Burger Recipes - Home. Made. Interest. - […] moly! I hear the angels above. I want this Peanut Butter Bacon Burger in my belly now. Is has…
- 19 Labor Day Burger Recipes for a Killer Cookout! | Just Bright Ideas - […] Yes, you read that right. This burger is a combination of beef, veal and pork belly patties, topped with…