Organic Chicken Puttanesca with Pappardelle
I can’t get Enough of this Sauce!!
This has been quite the weekend here in my household! My catering business is growing leaps and bounds which has required a ton of revamping within my house and building out space to accommodate my needs. Can anyone say I need a vacation! Every weekend right now seems to be taken up by renos and work.
I love summer and hate for it to fly by but I have a feeling this one is going to go by in a blur!
I’ve been making this sauce for so long and with so many different applications that I’m not sure which way I prefer it best!
It’s definitely quite often my go-to recipe to put on cod or pickerel. The salty and sweet of it make the perfect combo for fish. This time though I decided you all might like with crispy skinned chicken and pasta!! It’s really so quick and simple to make but the punch of flavours will make it seem like you’ve slaved over the sauce for hours.
Even as a summer recipe it would be great over barbequed chicken and served with gem potatoes and asparagus. Once you try it, I guarantee you’ll be thinking up ways to using again soon!
- 8 Blue Goose Pure Foods Organic Boneless Skin-on Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-796ml Can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup green olives and black olives mixed, pits removed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 pound pappardelle
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Skin side down, place chicken in a cast iron skillet until skin is crisp and golden; approx. 5 min. Turnover and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer chicken to an oven safe dish ad roast uncovered for 15 min.
- Place remaining oil, onions, garlic and anchovies in a large non-stick pan and sauté on medium until onions and garlic are translucent. Add tomato paste and cook for 3 min. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a fork.
- Cook for 5 min on medium high.
- Add olives, capers, red pepper flakes and salt/pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 5 min.
- Add basil
- Strain pasta and toss with ¾ of sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and add chicken on top. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.