Oatmeal Chocolate Skillet Cookie with Ice Cream and Salted Whiskey Caramel Sauce
A cookie? A pie? A sundae? Why label it, it just tastes so darn good!!!
I’m really not much of a dessert person but I love a great cookie AND chocolate!!! Come on, who doesn’t!
I have a teeny tiny confession to make. Ok, so like most of us food bloggers, I grocery shop A LOT!! Plus I have a full time catering business so I pretty much live in the grocery store. In fact when I did my shop today the cashier said I was her biggest order of the week and maybe the biggest she can ever remember lol. At which point I said that was about my daily spend. She looked at me with shock and awe haha. Or maybe it was sympathy! Anyhow I digress. What I was about to confess is my not too sutle or hidden addiction to the chocolate covered almonds in the bulk food section of the grocery store. As I arrive in the grocery store they call my name; I swear they do!!! I often find myself telling “myself” very sternly as I walk in, that I WILL NOT go to the bulk section, but it gets me every time! They’re my weakness. 🙁
I buy a very small bag of them though so it’s not so bad right??!!
Which leads me to the skillet concoction of the day.
COOKIE+CARAMILK CHOCOLATES+ICE CREAM+WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE=NANCY’S HAPPY PLACE!!
Feel free to switch up the cookie to any flavour or ice cream flavour. The method is fool-proof and pleases both adults and kids alike!
Happy Chocolate Cravings!
- Serves 6
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 Cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Cadbury caramel bars, cut into squares
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Ice cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Scotch whisky
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of 4- 4inch greased cast iron skillets.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (Do not overbake as cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.)
- Cool about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Cook sugar in a dry 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Remove from heat and carefully add Scotch, butter, and salt (caramel will steam vigorously and harden). Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until caramel is dissolved.
- Cool sauce to warm.