Microgreens with Edible Flowers, Beet Stained Soft Boiled Eggs and Lemon Honey Vinaigrette
Spring has invaded my kitchen….and it’s making me grin ear to ear!!
My family, if asked, would tell you I’m obsessed with salad. AND they’d be right!!
There really isn’t anything I crave more than fresh raw greens. I serve salad with every meal in one form or another and I find myself usually eating it first and with the most excitement. It’s not to say I don’t love all foods but fresh veggies are the best. So often I don’t even eat salad with dressing because I truly love the flavours of the vegetables in their purest form.
I also love the endless possibilities salad’s allow. I can’t think of another dish that can start a meal, be a meal and in some countries finish the meal. The beauty of fresh greens, vegetables, meats, cheeses and even flowers these days create not just a dish that tastes incredible but looks like a piece of art when it’s served.
I love getting creative with the colours and textures!
This salad is everything a salad should be; bright, fresh and crunchy with a little bitter flavour mixed with sweet pomegranates and a tangy lemon vinaigrette.
I often add cheese to my salads but this one really stood on its own with the deeply creamy and tart eggs. I guarantee this salad with amaze anyone you put it in front of!
- 10 cups mixed lettuces and microgreens (pea shoots, sweet pea mix, sunflower mix)
- 1 cup radicchio, chopped
- 4 large eggs, soft boiled, cooled and shelled
- 1 cup pickled beet juice (use the juice from store bought jarred beets)
- ½ cup edible flowers (dandelion, cornflower, Dame’s rocket, clover, Chrysanthemum)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Place eggs in a deep bowl with beet juice. Soak for eggs for 2-3 hours, turning often. Once ready, slice in half.
- Mix lettuces, flowers, pomegranate and radicchio in a large bowl. Place eggs on salad.
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine.
- Dress salad and serve immediately.
- 31 Recipes with Edible Flowers Cake Salad Cocktails - […] Microgreens with edible flowers + Lemon Honey Vinaigrette […]