Jerk Spiced Organic Trout Tacos with Honeydew Salsa
Jamaican me want Tacos!!
What can I say about Tacos that people don’t already know…THEY ARE AMAZING!!!
I have yet to meet a taco I don’t love. There are definitely a bunch of things in this world that make me instantly crave them just the mere mention of them but I’m not sure any as great as tacos.
These particular tacos are a boy meets girl scenario….Jamaica, meet Mexico…Mexico, meet Jamaica…well the rest is history (love at first sight). The Romeo and Juliette of food maybe?!? And they even die in the last scene (cuz I eat them hehe).
I’m very lucky to be working with Blue Goose Pure Foods and cooking with their amazing proteins. Organic Trout, like poultry, is a unique experience at first bite you can taste the difference. The texture and flavour is brighter, fresher and distinct.
It cooks beautifully with Jerk seasoning and pairs perfectly with tortillas, honeydew salsa and lime crema!
- 24oz Blue Goose Pure Foods Organic Trout
- 5 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 1 cup sour Cream
- 3 limes
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ honeydew melon, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- Avocado oil
- 1 cup cilantro, leaves only
- 5 green onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4oz queso fresco , cojita or feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Place mango, melon, jalapeno, red onion, salt, 1.2 cup cilantro, avocado oil and juice of 1 lime in a serving bowl. Mix together and set aside for serving.
- Mix Sour cream with juice from 1 lime and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Place avocado in a serving bowl.
- Place cheese in a serving bowl.
- Cut remaining lime into slivers and place in a serving bowl.
- Spray a cast iron pan with cooking spray and cook each tortilla (both sides) until slightly charred.
- Rub flesh side of fish generously with jerk seasoning and cook in a cast iron skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium high skin side down for 4 min. Flip fish and continue to cook for 5-6 min.
- Remove skin from fish and discard. Place all ingredients on the table and let everyone build it the way they love it!