Jalapeno Watermelon Mojito
Liquid Brunch?? Come on…there’s fruit in it!!! That counts right??
It’s Sunday Funday…a day for friends, family and fun!! AND relaxing!!
So maybe this isn’t the best brunch if it’s all you have, but it’s certainly a heavenly addition to a poolside or beachside brunch!
I have a complete addiction to watermelons in the summer. it’s like my ice cream I think. I always get excited about the moment I’m about to cut open a fresh beautiful watermelon. The anticipation waiting to see the bright pink flesh and the perfect crispness gets me every time!!
I love Mojitos and Margaritas and truthfully couldn’t decide between the two recipes when I thought of this for todays brunch post. But at the cottage we have beautiful Mojito mint planted so that tipped the scales!!
If you don’t want the spiciness, then feel free to omit the jalapeno! The flavour will still be amazing without it….but I say live a little and get spicy!!
I hope you have a Perfect Sunny Sunday!!
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, cut in half
- 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces white rum
- 8 ounces watermelon juice, with or without pulp
- 4 mint sprigs, garnish
- Place mint leaves, lime juice, jalapeno and sugar in a mortar and pestle. Muddle until pureed.
- Add to martini shaker along with rum, ice and watermelon juice. Vigorously shake and divide between 2 glasses. Garnish with mint sprigs and a slice of watermelon.
- *feel free to rim the glasses with course sugar if desired