Grilled Seafood Pasta
Grilled Seafood Pasta
Write a review
- 1/2 lb cod fillets
- 20 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 squid, gutted and sliced down the side to the center to create a fanning effect
- 1 whole baby octopus
- 1 or 1.5 lb tagliatelle
- 1 loaf French bread baguette, cut into desired pieces
- 1 24 oz. canned whole san marzano tomatoes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 sml. fennel bulb cored and sliced
- I Pint of grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. pesto
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ bottle clam juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil and cook the minced 2 cloves garlic¸ onion, fennel and red pepper until fragrant and soft. Add canned tomatoes, clam juice, paprika, parsley, thyme and oregano. Let sauce ingredients combine on medium heat for about 10~15 minutes and add the white wine a little at a time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mussels and separately bag shrimp and squid in Ziploc’s. Add olive oil to coat, garlic and lemon juice. Marinate for 15 min for 10-12 min.
- Boil whole octopus in salted water with a capful of white vinegar for 10-15 min and drain.
- Meanwhile heat the grill to high. When the grill is ready, cook octopus first for about 3-4 min per side. As you turn the octopus add the squid and then shrimp a minute or two later. Just before removing seafood from grill add mussels to tomato sauce. When perfectly charred squeeze fresh lemon juice over all seafood and remove from grill. Slice the squid into desired sized pieces, cut off the tentacles from octopus and slice body. Add all seafood to tomato sauce along with whole grape tomatoes and caperberries.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, but be sure to add generous amount of salt to taste and prevent sticking. Rinse in a colander and set aside. Prepare the bread by cutting into desire pieces, spreading butter, and toasting on the broil setting until browned. Sprinkling parsley flakes or garlic powder is optional.
- To serve combine the warm noodles with the pesto, plate the pasta and place seafood around and on top for presentation. Serve immediately with toasted bread. Enjoy!
Nancy's Cravings http://nancyscravings.com/