Greek Chicken Pie
You can never get enough of this killer combo of ingredients!!
It’s been a looong day, kind of one of the longest!
I’m not going to get into it but let me tell you the teen years with a daughter are not for the faint of heart. I’m presently feeding my wounded soul with beef jerky lol….don’t judge!!
So on that shiny note, lets get to more pleasant things like my Greek Pie!
I’ll be honest here, there’s nothing genius or particularly new about this combination of ingredients but I’m massively in love with the quickness of this recipe (a little slow but easy with the pastry) and the beauty of the finished product! It’s a twist on spanakopita with the addition of organic chicken!!
To serve it I like to add rice, salad and hollandaise!
- 5 Blue Goose pure foods boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 14oz box baby spinach, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 box phyllo pastry
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place feta, spinach, eggs, doll, salt, pepper & garlic in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Grease a round 9" tart pan with cooking spray and place chicken evenly.
- Top with spinach mixture, pressing between chicken pieces.
- To top the pie with pastry, start by using 1 phyllo sheet on the counter and spraying with butter flavoured cooking stay or brushing with melted butter then too with a second sheet and buttering it. Slice width wise into 8 equal strips.
- Using one long rectangle, roll into a flower by placing your finger in the center as you twist the length and squeezing one end. (Check demo pics) Top the chicle. And spinach mixture, working form the outside edge in.
- Spray or butter entire pie crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and the cover loosely the entire phyllo topping. Continue cooking for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice and hollandaise sauce.