Greek Organic Chicken Burger with Feta, Spinach and Tzatziki
It’s all Greek to me!!!
Don’t we all crave burgers?? I think it’s one of the things I crave the most!!! The next thing I think I crave almost daily is feta!! So this might be the greatest combination ever!!
As all of you who read this little blog of mine know, my kids like to tell everyone that they can that I only like salad because I eat it a lot and that I stay thin because I don’t like real food.
Well they really couldn’t be more wrong! Just because I rarely eat something doesn’t mean I don’t loooove it!!!
Burgers and pizza are really the ultimate in comfort food to me. I always find my body craves certain foods depending on how I feel. There was a time in my 20’s (remember I was very chubby then) that every time I got a cold I had to have Kentucky Fried Chicken and Hot and Sour Soup.
Well neither of those items would pass through my front door now let alone my lips!! I don’t want to trash KFC BUT…..TRASH!!! And Sweet and Sour soup although not the worst thing to eat is chalked full of sodium, MSG and soy. All things I try to avoid.
So I figured to meet all my criteria for worthy eating I needed to create an organic chicken burger that would blow away any and all of it’s counterparts and I believe I did!! The organic chicken is both lean and super moist by nature but by adding both spinach and feta, it creates this beautiful rich burger with so much flavour!! Don’t even get me started on how good the tzatziki is with it!!
- 2lbs Blue Goose Pure Foods Organic Ground Chicken
- 1 egg
- 3oz feta, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon Onion powder
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 8 pretzel buns
- 1-1/2 cups tzatziki
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Mix the first 10 ingredients together and make 8 patties.
- On medium high, grill burgers until done, approx., 15-20 min. turning often,
- Place tzatziki on the top and bottom of the bun. Place cucumbers, then burger and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Serve immediately with a tossed salad and fresh cut fries tossed with salt and a touch of oregano.
- 23 Chicken Burgers And Sliders Recipes | FoodInspirasi - […] nancyscravings.com via bowlofdelicious.com via rockrecipes.com via mantitlement.com via […]