Falafel Taco with Beet Quinoa, Lemon Hummus and Feta
Who said a Falafel can’t be a Taco….not me, cuz it’s genius!
I’ve had the pleasure of partnering up with My Little Chickpea Gourmet for this blog. They’re are a local Torontonian company started by a mom/daughter duo. It’s gluten-free, made with superfoods AND tastes delicious!
They have a large line of foods that include, dips, salads, a variety of hummus flavours, marinades and dressings along with falafels.
Up at my cottage they have a farmers market in the summer in the local town. Each Saturday My Little Chickpea Gourmet sets up a booth and sells most of their line of foods. One of the things they offer in the summer is slightly pickled and oiled chopped hot peppers that I may have bought them out of! They grow the peppers themselves outside so they’re only available mid-summer to late summer. About a month or so after buying as much as I could get my hands on I almost had to check myself into hot pepper rehab! I found myself eating a small container of them a day with a spoon. Soooo good but my tummy was starting to get angry with me lol. Sadly I’m all out and look forward to summer again just so I can stock up!
I love this recipe because it combines so many of my favorite foods. I love tacos and looove falafels! These have been flash fried initially but I finish them in the oven. The beet quinoa adds a sweet flavour and a really killer texture.
The falafels paired with salty feta and lemon-y hummus add a complex mixture that I guarantee you will love!
Don’t skip the tahini sauce ….it really ties the whole thing together.
Craving…..yes……off to the kitchen!
- 1-395gr container My Little Chickpea Gourmet Beet Quinoa
- 1-245gr container My Little Chickpea Gourmet Lemon Burst Hummus
- 12 My Little Chickpea Gourmet Falafels
- 4oz crumbled feta
- 1 cup Mache
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Pea shoots
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 4 large corn or flour tortilla wraps
- Tahini Sauce (recipe follows)
- Tahini Sauce
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place Falafels in a 400 degree oven for 6-8 min.
- Warm tortillas in a hot cast iron skillet. Keep warm in 200 degree oven.
- To serve place 3 falafels along with Beet quinoa, hummus, feta, radishes, sprouts, mache, tomatoes and cilantro. Drizzle with tahini sauce. Fold in thirds and eat immediately.