Crispy Organic Chicken with Lemon Vodka Angel Hair Pasta
I could eat this lemon-y Dish of Heaven Everyday!!
The simplicity and decadence of this dish shouldn’t be missed!!
It’s not often that something so simple and easy tastes this darn good. By mixing essentially 4 ingredients, something very special happens. Ok so it may not be the lightest calorie meal but it’s made with real unprocessed and organic ingredients that will fill your body with goodness. AND we need to live a little sometimes.
I’m a very healthy eater and workout all the time. I’m definitely weight conscious and like to both fit into and buy nice clothes BUT….this dish is worth cheating for!!
I made the chicken in my sous vide; which for people who don’t know what that is, it’s an immersion cooker. Basically you vacuum pack food into a bag, submerge it in a large pot with sous vide attached and it heats the water to an exact temperature while slowly moving the water around. It will keep the temperature to an absolute exact # with no fluctuation. This allows the meat to be cooked over a longer period of time soaking in the juices of the marinade and immersing in the favour.
The result of this style of cooking is hard to explain…then by using organic chicken it makes it almost melt in your mouth.
Once the chicken comes out, I flash sear it at an ultra high temp in a cast iron Pan to get a crispy golden skin.
I’ve made it twice in the last week for different people and had the same reaction from all. TOTALLY IN LOVE and wanting the recipe!! So here it is.
I wish I had some in the fridge right now….I’m having a craving!!
- 8 Bone in, skin on organic chicken thighs
- 400gr angel hair pasta or spagettini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt/pepper, to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated parmigiana reggiano
- Place chicken, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and olive oil in a large sealable pouch/bag (ziplock). Remove as much air as possible and seal. Make sure to massage all ingredients together.
- If you are going to marinate and place in the oven, place it in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove and place in a 325 degree oven for 50 min. Remove. Dry all chicken and sear in a large cast iron skillet until skin is crispy and golden. About 5 minutes.
- If you plan to use a sous vide, set the sous vide to 80 degrees Celsius and bring to temperature. Once it’s set, add chicken in the sealed bag; making sure it’s completely submerged. Set timer to 90 minutes. Once it’s complete. Remove from bad, discard juices and dry off chicken. Place in a hot cast iron pan and sear for 5 min until skin is crispy and golden.
- While chicken is cooking in either the sous vide or oven, make the sauce.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter along with garlic and lemon zest in a large fry pan on medium. Once the garlic has soften slightly add vodka and cream. Bring to a slow boil and thicken slightly; approx. 6 min. Add lemon juice and continue to cook. Season with salt/pepper. Turn heat to lowest setting or turn off until ready to toss with pasta. Can be made 1 hour in advance.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Strain water and add pasta to lemon vodka sauce. Completely heat pasta through and toss with parsley.
- To plate add pasta, 2 chicken pieces and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.