Crispy Baked Buffalo Wing Cauliflower
You will never believe these aren’t chicken wings!!!
Yup…I know what you’re thinking….here she goes again with buffalo sauce, but I promise this it for a while!! Minus the buffalo wing sauce this is a recipe our family eats at least once a week. I love crispy crunchy stuff and of course as you all know I hate the fat.
Of course. for the sake of everyone else I make slightly fattier food too…because lets be honest, for the most part it tastes better!! My kids always bug me when I harass them about not eating French fries and burgers too often, saying it’s so easy for me because I don’t even like that kind of food. Well…..they couldn’t be more wrong!!
I love French fries, burgers, nachos and pizza but my body doesn’t love me when I eat them too often. I have been slightly obsessed with my weight my whole life and have trained my body to crave fresh simple ingredients like fruits and vegetables.
When we go out to eat my fam always jokes, saying…hmmm…I wonder what mom will order….SALAD AGAIN!!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup egg whites, lightly beaten or egg beaters
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup low fat blue cheese dressing or ranch
- Cooking spray
- Core the cauliflower and either microwave for 10 min or steam for 10 min. Cool and separate into large florets with some stem.
- Dip florets into egg and then breadcrumbs. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Coat with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 30 min or until crisp and tender.
- Toss in buffalo wing sauce and serve with dipping sauce of choice.