Coconut Chicken Stuffed with Goat’s Cheese and Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Move over Shrimp the chicken has come to town!!!
Many years ago I used to always go to a big Lobster-fest near my cottage. It was a lot of people starting out on a bus and working our way from home to a fabulous restaurant and then to the big party. Well as a 20 something I wasn’t really a big lobster fan so I ordered chicken. The chicken I received was so memorable, that 20 years later I can still remember thinking it was the best thing I’d ever tasted! The recipe was definitely something like this one!
Now, I can’t say this is the exact recipe (come on people it’s been 20 years) but I think it’s a pretty darn good copycat!
If you want to use raspberries or even mango it would still be incredible. I’d suggest using rum instead of brandy with the mango though.
I like this recipe because it’s the perfect combo of seasonal ingredients, exotic flavours but still fresh and simple. It doesn’t take a kitchen wizard to pull this off and can be breaded the night before for ease the day of.
I beg you to try it…I think 20 years from now you’ll still be thinking about it too!
- 4 blue goose pure foods boneless chicken skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup flour, coconut flour or almond flour
- Salt and pepper
- 4oz goat’s cheese
- 1-1/2pints strawberries, cleaned and halved
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 16 mini potatoes (red, white or purple)
- 24 French beans
- 12 cipollino onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a pocket I the chicken breasts and stuff with 1 oz of goat’s cheese.
- Place four, eggs and coconut in 3 shallow bowls.
- Start by rolling chicken gently in flour, then egg and finally in coconut.
- Continue with all 4 chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut potato in half and place in a parchment lined cookie sheet. Add onions and toss with salt. Pepper, garlic powder, thyme and olive oil.
- Place the potatoes, onions and chicken into the oven at the same time. Cook for 45-50 min.
- Steam beans for 10-12 minutes. As the potato mixture comes out, toss beans with them.
- While the chicken is cooking place strawberries, balsamic and brandy in a small sauce pan on low heat and cook until strawberries are soft and there is a nice gooey sauce; approx. 15 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with potato bean mixture and sauce spooned over the chicken or on the side to serve yourself.