Chunky Vegetable Paleo Chili Soup
I’m Officially ADDICTED to this Soup!!!!
So a few weeks ago I decided it was time to get my rear in gear and lose a few pounds that had snuck up on me over the winter. Like most of us, I wanted a quick fix! My mind went straight to that cabbage soup diet from when I was young.
I can remember making this soup when I was in my early twenties with my then mother-in-law. We had decided to lose some weight and the cabbage soup diet was how we were going to make it happen! I lasted 1 day and I think my mother-in-law lasted 2!!! I don’t care how much you want to tell me it tastes great – it DOESN’T!!!
So with that knowledge in mind, I looked up the basic recipe and figured out a way to both update it and make it palatable!!
So like most of you know or are about to discover, I LOVE spicy food! I’d make everything spicy if I could!! Even my green detox smoothie from this morning has triple the amount of cayenne than called for, so of course I was going to make the soup spicy. That being said, if you hate spicy, you can definitely cut that part back or eliminate it all together.
I used the basic ingredients from the original recipe and them added a few more.
The final piece to this was adding Blue Goose Caveman Chicken Chili. The addition of this final ingredient makes the soup perfect!! If gives the soup protein and depth! If you don’t happen to have BG Chili in your area, take the time to whip up a low fat beanless chicken chili and use that in the recipe. While you’re at it, make sure to make lots and freeze some for future use!
Personally I eat this for lunch and dinner. It’s been 3 weeks and I’m going to stop soon – I think!!! I’m in no way telling you to do the same or even to be eating it wholly on its own. I’m not an expert or dietician. It can just be eaten as a fantastic soup with super healthy ingredients!! Make your body happy!
I love it, it tastes so great and it’s made me feel amazing!!
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 bag Superfood 7 Sweet Kale shredded salad mix (without the dressing a nut mix)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 64oz bottle V8
- 1 can Whole tomatoes
- 7 cups Blue Goose Pure Foods Chicken Stock
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (optional)
- 4 teaspoons Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 5 tablespoons Thyme
- 5 Tablespoons Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Chili flakes (optional)
- 4 Cups Blue Goose Pure Foods Caveman Chili
- Place all ingredients except chili in a very large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 3 hours or until all veggies are tender.
- Using a Hand Emulsifier, blend the soup to desired texture.
- Add Chili and serve.
- Soup can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Makes approx. 20 portions