Chicken Chili Tortilla Pie
No need to be Chili with this little number around!!
What a crazy winter we’re having in Toronto this year. Can anyone say extremes! One week it’s 15 degrees above zero and the next it’s 15 below. Maybe that’s why everyone I talk to is sick!! Last week that was me too!!
While I was stuck at home with a cold I did a lot of cooking for the family and comfort food was definitely on the menu along with quick and easy recipes.
As most of you know, I’m an Ambassador for Blue Goose Pure Foods. Over the last couple of weeks they’ve launched a couple of new products and one of them was Caveman Chicken Chili. The caveman part refers to both the bountiful meat in it and the lack of beans. It’s Paleo friendly and gluten free. I’ve used it in a variety of ways but this recipe was the big hit with the family!!
Of course if you aren’t in an area where you can purchase BG Chili then feel free to use your own favorite recipe or store bought one.
We often stick to our traditional Taco Tuesday recipes but last week this replaced our usual and I’m thinking it’s not going to be the last time!!
I made it with layers of tortilla shells, cheese, 2 different salsa’s as well as refried beans but toss in anything that tweaks your fancy!! It could even be turned into a slightly more fajita style pie by adding sautéed onions and peppers!
- 3 cups Blue Goose Pure Foods Caveman Chili
- 9 tortilla wraps (10inch)
- 2 cups shredded Tex Mex Cheese blend
- 2 cups fat free or low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup mild traditional salsa
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 8 greens onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup, guacamole (favorite recipe or store bought)
- Set oven to 350 degrees
- Place 1 cup of chili on the bottom of a 6x9 inch casserole dish, place 3 tortilla wraps (may need to be cut to properly cover casserole dish) on top followed by ¼ portions of cottage cheese, salsas, beans and olives. Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a sprinkle of tex mex cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40 min until it’s hot and bubbling.
- Serve with green onions, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos and guacamole.