Cauliflower “Rice” Pilaf with Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers and summer Zucchini
Faux rice is where it’s at!!!
I made a choice about 10 years ago to cut out most grains, lower my fat intake and cut out sugar, which of course was hard but with a little imagination and some savvy kitchen skills it’s been so much easier than you might think!!
This “rice” is so good that I promise you not only won’t miss the rice but will actually crave this more than the traditional starchy counterpart. The other thing I love about this recipe is how quickly it can be thrown together!
Feel free to add any veggies you have on hand….that’s what I did!!
- 1 head cauliflower, grated
- 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Earth Balance Soy Free Dairy Free Butter, EVOO or Coconut Oil
- Heat a large fry pan to medium. Add butter, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini and onions. Sauté for 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium high and cook for 2-3 min to create a crispier cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.