Brie, Cherry Compote and White Chocolate Puff Pastry Pops
These are Brie-lliant!!!!
Dessert really should be fun and these little morsels are fun to look at and taste dee-lish!
It’s been a busy week in our little household so I’m going to keep this short and sweet! D is away for a boys ski getaway so it’s just the girls and I at home. I got pretty lazy about dinner tonight. What can I say, Mom hit a wall today and the kids all ate whatever they wanted for dinner. Which I’m going to be honest was a little pathetic. One had grilled cheese and soup and the other had 2 pieces of toast with butter and 2 clementine’s. This was definitely not the dinner their chef mom usually serves but it did the trick.
They made sure to ask (with a bit of panic) whether or not we’d eat like this the whole time D was away next month. He’s gone for 10 days and they clearly felt this wouldn’t work for them for more than 1 night lol. Man are my kids spoiled!!
These are actually really versatile because if you leave the chocolate drizzle off they can be served as an hors d’oeurve. Anyhow, try these little treats because they’ll impress you and your guests…if they last till the end of the night!!
- 4 sheets puff pastry (I used President’s Choice)
- 1 jar cherry or fig preserves
- 1 regular size wheel of brie, sliced and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 1 inch round cookie cutter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2oz white chocolate, melted
- 30 Popsicle sticks
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a small bowl with warm water.
- Lay out puff pastry and cut out 60 circles. Place a small spoonful of preserve and then a piece of brie in the center of 30 circles. With your fingers. Moisten a top puff pastry circle and place evenly on top of the brie and preserve. Using a fork, seal all edges. Continue with all 30 popsicles. Brush the tops of all the pastries and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 min.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave bowl for 2 min at 60% power. If it still needs a little more, then continue to heat in 15 second increments. Once melted stir until smooth .Drizzle chocolate over the top of brie pops. Cool slightly to set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.