Breakfast Tacos with Organic Chicken, Avocado and Fried Egg
Always Look on the Sunny Side of Life!!
The sun is shining today and that made me want to cook sunny side up eggs! Ok so it’s minus 20, BUT SUNNY…come on that’s gotta count for something!
Last night we had Tacos for dinner and I actually had quite a few things leftover, so I thought… why not repurpose for breakfast! From my experience people have a very definitive stand on leftovers. It seems like people fall into 3 categories. Those that keep and never use, those that toss right away or those that keep and either eat or repurpose. We usually fall into the 3rd category. We have every intention of always using our leftovers but hey, sometimes well … you know what happens!
Today was a repurpose day. I love tacos of almost every kind, in fact I absolutely love Mexican food. The only other thing I think I might love as much is a sunny side up egg or soft poached egg. The combination of Mexican seasoned ground chicken, creamy avocado and soft eggs is drool worthy in my books.
Although the meat is seasoned, it isn’t spicy enough for me I added sriracha. Feel free to add any hot sauce of choice or skip it if you want something milder. When I made them this morning I also debated adding shredded cheddar, queso fresco, or feta. In the end the cheddar won out.
Have a sunny day and Happy Cravings!
- 1lb Blue Goose Pure Foods Organic Ground Chicken
- 8 small tortilla wraps
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 11/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 6 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Sour cream
- Place meat and all spices in a large fry pan and cook until completely browned. Add a touch of water if needed.
- Wrap tortillas in tinfoil and place in a 200 degree oven to warm them.
- Fry eggs sunny side up.
- Plate 2 tortillas per person and top with meat, eggs, avocado, tomato, cheddar, sour cream, cilantro and sriracha.
- Serve immediately.