Balsamic Basil Strawberries with Greek Yogurt and Croissants
Put a Little Spring in Your Step and food in your belly!
Sometimes the simple things in life are the sweetest. We’ve all been hearing this phrase in a variety of ways all our lives. But with food it couldn’t be more true.
This little recipe for strawberries is so versatile because I use it for so many things. It’s great over ice cream, with whipped cream for dessert or even on grilled chicken.
Basil and strawberries are a beautiful match because of the sweetness of the strawberry and the pungent, fresh flavour of basil. They both make me yearn for summer days when we’re barefoot, bbq’n on the deck and eating at 8pm or later because we couldn’t leave the beach and it’s daylight until 10 pm, so why rush!
This breakfast is a perfect blend of sweet, tart and savoury….crave away, your body will thank you for this one!
- 2 pints strawberries, cored and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 fresh croissants
- Add strawberries, basil, vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Toss and Let sit for 1 hour.
- Set oven to 325 degrees and heat croissants for 5 min.
- To serves place strawberries in 4 bowls with ½ cups yogurt and serve with warm croissant.